It really depends on the cat or dog itself, some pets have it easier to socialize than others. Whichever you choose, don’t force the introduction, and let the pets take their time.
How do I decide whether to get a cat or a dog?
We think that both make for great companions. In short, if you are busy and tend to be away quite often, a cat would be a wiser choice since they require less maintenance and can fend quite well for themselves.
Now, a dog will crave more attention like take them for walks outside, play with them and it isn’t recommended to leave them alone for more than a couple of hours a day.
1. Cats Are Quiet
If noise levels are a concern in your living situation, cats are a great choice of pet. Even the quietest bark will likely be louder than the most insistent meowing.
Depending on the cat, you may need to worry about other sounds, such as knocking things off surfaces or running around at top speed. However, they are still likely to be quieter overall.
2. Cats Are Low Maintenance
Compared to dogs, cats are low-maintenance pets. They don’t require formal training, they don’t need to be taken out multiple times a day, and they’re even able to take care of basic self-cleaning.
Of course, long-haired cats will still require regular grooming, but it will likely involve less regular grooming than long-haired dogs.
3. Cats Are Easy To House And Train
One of the biggest challenges dog owners needs to overcome is in the process of house-training a new puppy.
On the other hand, Kittens usually know how to use the litter box as soon as you bring them home. It would be best to show them where it is, and they’ll instinctively use it.
4. Cats Make Great Apartment Pets
When it comes to pets in apartments, cats are often better suited than dogs. Compared to dogs, cats require less space and can take better advantage of vertical space.
Even in apartments with small square footage, you can make the space comfortable for cats by adding different vertical levels.
Plus, since they use litter boxes, they don’t need to be taken outside multiple times a day – something that can be time-consuming if you live in a large apartment building.
5. Cats Cost Less To Care For
According to the ASPCA, the overall cost of caring for cats is lower than for medium or large dogs. They require less food, fewer toys, and lower overall grooming costs.
6. Cats Are Independent
One of the best things about cats is that they are very independent creatures.
Unlike dogs, which require quite a high level of attention each day, cats are quite happy to have time.
Cats will sleep for about 15 hours a day, so you don’t have to worry about them being too bored when you’re at work.
When you are home, cats are more likely to be content with just being in your company, whereas dogs may demand your undivided attention.
7. Cats Have A Long Lifespan
Any pet owner knows that losing a pet is a truly heartbreaking experience. Fortunately, cats have a pretty long life expectancy when it comes to house pets.
The average lifespan of a cat is 12 years, but it’s not uncommon for them to live into their high teens or even early twenties.
8. Cats Are Good For Your Health
Studies have shown that cats have a calming effect on their owners, from the soothing action of petting to purring being an aid in falling asleep.
Cats can even play a part in lowering your blood pressure and risk of a heart attack.
One 10-year study has even shown that cat owners were 30% less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke than non-cat owners.
9. Cats Can Lead To Fewer Allergies
In a study by the National Institutes of Health, it was found that children under the age of one who were exposed to a cat were less likely to develop allergies.
The interesting part was that this wasn’t just limited to pet allergies but all types of allergies.
Exposure to pets as a young child will protect you against pet allergies and other common allergies such as dust mites, ragweed, and grass.
20 Benefits Of Having A Dog
If you’re a dog owner, you probably already know how awesome dogs are. They fill your life with love, loyalty, fur, and many reasons to smile.
Here are just a few more of the amazing and adorable reasons why dogs are awesome!
1. They keep your bed warm for you when it gets cold at night.
2. Dogs will watch TV with you without hogging the remote.
3. Dogs find the greatest joy in even the simplest things, like a ride in the car.
4. A dogs love is unconditional, ever see a dogs reaction when the owner gets home?
5. They are great companions in photos and videos
5. According to a study by Nova School of Business and Economics, dogs in the workplace can lower stress, improve communication, and foster social cohesion when a flexible organizational culture is in place.
6. Dogs will inspire you to stop and sniff the flowers.
7. Dogs make the best workout partners. They’ll motivate you to get up and move but won’t make you feel guilty when you want to crash on the couch.
8. According to a study from the American Heart Association Council, owning a dog may even protect you from the risks of heart disease.
9. Owning a dog can help kids learn about responsibility and empathy.
10. According to a study by Experimental Biology, a dog’s sense of smell is so highly evolved that dogs can pick out blood samples from people with cancer with almost 97% accuracy.
11. They love to snuggle, and they’re the best at it.
12. Dogs always seem to know when you’re feeling blue — and they’ll gladly share their favorite toy to cheer you up.
13. According to a study funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), having a family dog can help prevent kids from developing allergies.
14. Dogs have some amazing athletic skills.
15. Dogs can help you socialize and encourage you to get out and explore.
16. Dogs will give you something to laugh and smile about every day.
17. Dogs make great travel companions, whether you’re roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel.
18. Dogs make great travel companions, whether you’re roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel.
19. Dogs make celebrating holidays even more fun.
20. They can make boring chores, like laundry, more enjoyable just by being adorable.
On top of all these profound benefits of dogs, they are also fantastic fun.
They always make you laugh, they’re there at the end of a hard day, and they’ll almost always be on hand for a reassuring hug when you need it.
Dogs love to play around and don’t mind getting dirty in the process. As a result, dogs require regular bathing and grooming, which can get very expensive if you take your dog to the groomer.
And Cats are essentially self-cleaning machines. You may want to groom it with a brush every once in a while and clip its nails as needed, but otherwise, cats do a very good job of keeping themselves clean.